Last week, I received quite a few questions about a relatively new herbicide sold under the trade name of Reviton. Marketed by Helm AG, Reviton is being promoted for use in the pre-plant burndown market.
At this point in time, neither Culpepper nor I have enough data/experience to make a science based “official” UGA recommendation. Basically, Reviton is being tested in tank-mixes with Roundup (glyphosate). I have no problems if a grower wants to try some out on a few acres (but not on 100% of their acres).
Here are a few facts about Reviton that you might find helpful:
- Trade Name: Reviton 2.83SC
- Common Name: tiafenacil
- Herbicide Family: N-Phenyl-imides (same as Valor or Sharpen)
- WSSA MOA: Group 14 (PPO inhibitor)
- Labeled Use Rates: 1-3 oz/A
- Crop Rotation Restrictions: Corn/wheat = 0 days; soybean/cotton = 14 days; peanut = 120-180 days depending upon rate (we are working on this one).
- Current Label: here
- 2021 Data (Prostko):