Weed management has become one of the most significant challenges in crop production as herbicide resistance continues to increase. Learn about the latest research and information to address these challenges by attending a “Strategic Farming: Growing Soybeans That Out-Compete Weeds” workshop this winter. Click here to register.
- What are the impacts of row spacing, plant population, canopy closure, and pest pressure on soybean competitiveness and profitability?
- Beating weeds at their own game.
- How can we use weed biology to our advantage?
- Breaking the cycle of loving a technology to death: Get off the resistance treadmill.
- New, viable weed management options that we can implement now
- Implementing a game plan. What is your strategy to win against weeds?
- Alexandria at the Holiday Inn, 9 am-12:30 pm, January 17
- Willmar at the Best Western Plus, 7:30 am-11:00 am, January 30
- Fairmont at the Knights of Columbus, 9:00 am-12:30 pm, February 8
- New Ulm at the Best Western Plus, 9:00 am-12:30 pm, February 12
- McIntosh at the Community Center, 9:00 am-12:30 pm, February 15
- Slayton at the Murray County Fairgrounds, 9:00 am-12:30 pm, February 22
- Hutchinson at the Hutchinson Event Center, 12:30-4:00 pm, February 26
- Faribault at the Rice County Fairgrounds, 9:00 am-12:30 pm, February 27
- Appleton at Shooters Bar & Grill, 9:00 am-12:30 pm, February 28
- Austin at the Holiday Inn Conference Center, time TBA, March 2
Lunch is included at all locations except for Willmar where breakfast will be provided.
Private Pesticide Applicator Recertification will run concurrently at the Alexandria, Fairmont, and McIntosh locations and attendance until 2:30 pm is required to receive recertification. Bonus crops production topics will be presented at the Faribault location from 12:30-2:00 pm.
Registration is strongly encouraged at least 5 days prior to each event to assist in meal and program planning. Please visit https://z.umn.edu/strategic-farming. This program is being sponsored by the Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council.
For more information about this program, please contact Liz Stahl at 507-372-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Seth Naeve at 612-625-4298 or email@example.com.